“Naftogaz of Ukraine” filed a new claim to “Gazprom”

140

Photo: Vladislav Sodel / Kommersant

“Naftogaz” has filed a new lawsuit against Gazprom in the Stockholm arbitration, said in a statement.

The contract between “Gazprom” and “Naftogaz” concluded in 2009 and will be valid until 2019. However, the Ukrainian company insists that in March 2018, the transit tariff was to be revised upwards in connection with the change in market conditions in Europe. It is also noted that the rate does not correspond to the European level.

In March, the Ukrainian company has already appealed to “Gazprom” and asked to raise the price, but “stumbled to the unconstructive position” of the Russian monopoly, said in a statement. Naftogaz estimates its losses from March 11.58 billion.

Earlier, on 6 July, “Gazprom” reported about their property in the UK at the request of the British court. Among other things, he owned shares of Nord Stream AG 2 pledged as collateral on loans.

On 4 July, Naftogaz said that the court of the Swiss Canton of Zug arrested shares in Nord Stream AG and 2 Nord Stream AG, owned by “Gazprom”, as an interim measure on the suit. Russian concern in response explained that there had been only the suspension of the withdrawal of securities from custody.

28 Feb Stockholm arbitration court, having considered the counter-claims of “Gazprom” and “Naftogaz” on gas supply and transit, decided that Gazprom must pay out of 2.56 billion for failure to supply the agreed volumes. Gazprom challenged this decision, the Ukrainian side is seeking its execution.

Video, photo All from Russia.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here