Half of Russians approved of planting for reposts

145

Photo: Evgeny Odinokov / RIA Novosti

More than half of Russians (55 percent) believe that it is necessary to be responsible not only for publishing but also for reposts of materials that are considered extremist or insulting the feelings of believers. This is evidenced by the results of a survey of Fund “Public opinion” (FOM).

Among those who approve of this idea, 60 percent believe that repost should be punished the same way as for the authorship of the material. The respondents explained what repost is the dissemination of information that brings harm and instability. Distribution some respondents said the accomplice. Others said that “for their actions need to answer.”

Against severe punishment for the repost was made by 23 percent of respondents. Another 22 percent were undecided.

The survey involved 1,500 people from 104 settlements in 53 regions. One-third of them (36 per cent) admitted that they do not use social media. Among the other 64 percent, half said they had encountered offensive or similar to extremist positions, but the police was not sought.

At the end of August, the Council on human rights under the President proposed to change Russian anti-extremist legislation and to stop planting for insulting remarks. Human rights activists noted that last year for the real extremism was convicted only one man, and another 460 were tried for words.

Video, photo All from Russia.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here