Poroshenko revealed the secret of strength and success of Ukrainians

24

Peter, Porosencova: Mikhail palinchak / RIA Novosti

President of Ukraine Petro Poroshenko said that the Ukrainian language is the key to the strength and success of the people. About this he wrote on his page in Facebook.

In the greeting address on the occasion of the Day of Ukrainian writing and language, which is celebrated on 9 November, Poroshenko explained that the strength and power of Ukraine is not only “highly equipped Armed forces and a developed economy”. “I firmly believe the strength and power of our state and even in the Ukrainian book Ukrainian cinema, Ukrainian music, Ukrainian songs, and most importantly — in the Ukrainian language”, — wrote Poroshenko.

The President of Ukraine added that language is the very essence of Ukrainian identity. “Now we finally affirm the Ukrainian language — the key to the strength and success of our people”, — said Poroshenko.

The current Ukrainian legislation, the share of Ukrainian language on TV must be at least 55 percent. However, only 40 percent of Ukrainians would like to watch TV in the Ukrainian language. This is evidenced by the results of a survey conducted by TV channel NewsOne. The remaining 60 per cent would prefer to watch TV in Russian and other languages.

Video, photo All from Russia.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here