Cyril, Serebrennikova: Petr Kassin / Kommersant
The Director Kirill Serebrennikov said that the financing of the project “Platform” has been stopped once, in 2012 the Minister of culture of Russia was Vladimir Medinsky. Words Serebrennikov from the Meshchansky court on Friday, 9 November, reports “Interfax”.
Artistic Director of “Gogol-center” he added that in a criminal case, he learned that “Platform” had to work on and it was allocated money from the budget.
“But come the new Minister of culture, who said: all your experiments do not need us, contemporary art does not need all of your experiments are at your own expense. And blocked, turned all the projects related to contemporary art. And all the money that was allocated to the Platform, he took me somewhere,” said the Director.
In addition to government on the case of plunders of budgetary funds for the implementation of the project “Platform” are previously headed the Department of state support of art and folk creativity Ministry of culture Sofia Apfelbaum, the former General Director “the Seventh Studio” Yuri Itin, producer Alex Malopolski.
Video, photo All from Russia.