Geologists have advised against touching the Chelyabinsk meteorite due to unpredictable bacteria

747

Photo: Valeriy Melnikov / RIA Novosti

Scientists suggest not to touch the fragment of the Chelyabinsk meteorite, which is stored in the State historical Museum of the southern Urals. This was stated by the geologist, researcher of meteorites Sergey Kolisnichenko, reports “Interfax”.

“Don’t touch a meteorite from the huge amount of bacteria that live on it. It is impossible today to predict how the future will behave these earth bacteria that feed on now the substance of the cosmic body — warned the scientist. —
Now the bacteria live at the expense of a meteorite, eat sulfur and something else. Who knows, maybe over time it will be covered with some kind of mold?»

The head of the Chelyabinsk regional branch of Russian geographical society Sergey Zakharov also noted that after the fall of the meteorite in the lake Chebarkul, the water became dirtier, writes “Komsomolskaya Pravda Chelyabinsk”. “The meteorite is nothing new in the lake is not brought. Pollutants released from deposits of silt at the bottom. The water began to flow nitrogen, phosphorus, and manganese — but again, this is not a meteorite, and people. After all, the lake rushed hundreds of seekers of the fragments of the cosmic body,” — said Zakharov.

The meteorite exploded in the sky over the Chelyabinsk region on 15 February 2013, a bright flash in the sky was seen by inhabitants of the neighboring Sverdlovsk region and Kazakhstan. The blast in Chelyabinsk, blew out Windows in buildings, damaged the roof of buildings, fifteen thousand people were injured from shrapnel. The wreckage of the car fell into the lake Chebarkul, from the bottom of the pond raised the largest fragment weighing 600 pounds.

Video, photo All from Russia.



LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here