Photo: US ARMY / Reuters
With the withdrawal of US troops from Syria take into account the situation on the ground and the views of the allies, and no arbitrary deadlines. This was announced by the representative of the Ministry of national defense Sean Robertson, reports RIA Novosti.
According to him, now is the orderly withdrawal of American forces from the North-East of Syria. He also noted that during the process the number of troops will fluctuate, move, or specific terms not discussed for security reasons.
Previously on 24 January it was reported that the US sent additional troops to Syria to cover the withdrawal of its troops from the country. Sources in the defense Ministry said that the additional troops will help to ensure the safety of American troops, when they will be transported by ground and air transport. The military will be moved from district to district as needed, they also may periodically enter the country and leave it, the source explained.
January 5, a senior White house source said that some American soldiers may remain in Syria indefinitely. In particular, it was about the southern part of the country where the American military base of al-TANF.
The President of the United States Donald trump announced the withdrawal of American troops from Syria in connection with the final victory over the terrorists of the Islamic state in December last year. He offered to take care of the rest in the region of the terrorists to other countries, including Turkey.
Video, photo All from Russia.