Photo: Eugene biyatov / RIA Novosti
Presnensky district court of Moscow has accepted to consideration the claim of two prisoners Belgorod — Maxim Drury and Alexei Kutsenko — to radio station “Echo of Moscow” for the release of the news that they had been subjected to torture in prison, reports the RNS.
“The plaintiffs asked to consider the information disseminated by defendant on the Internet on the website of the radio station, not advising the reality and discrediting the honor and dignity” — have informed Agency in the press service of the court. The hearing is scheduled for April 8.
Each of the plaintiffs demanded that journalists 50 thousand rubles as compensation of moral harm.
Chief editor of “echo of Moscow” Alexei Venediktov said that he learned about the claims of prisoners from fellow journalists. “Neither the General Director nor our lawyers, nor I was notified about the lawsuit, and Monday we start to dig. We are surprised, of course, that two prisoners sue us in court” — he said “Interfax” on Friday, March 29.
Druze and Kutsenko protested the text published in August last year under the title “Prisoner Belgorod colony complained of torture.” It is with reference to the Foundation “In defense of prisoners,” it was reported that they complained to the defenders.
Last summer, the expert of Fund “for convicts ‘ rights protection” Peter Kuryanovo asked for help one of the girl prisoners in IK-7 of the Belgorod region, writes “the Media”. She gave Kuryanovo screenshots of correspondence, in which the young man spoke about the torture in prison.
The administration of the institution refused to meet with the alleged victims lawyer Eugene Rudycheva, which was sent to the colony to check the information written by the prisoners themselves refused to communicate with him.
Video, photo All from Russia.