Photo: Alexei vitvitskiy / RIA Novosti
Retired Chancellor of Austria Sebastian Kurz said Kronen Zeitung that he hoped to continue to lead the government. The newspaper published an interview with a politician on may 28.
“Austrian and Austrians make your choice. We have again assembled a Parliament, and I hope that I will have the chance to continue to work for the good of the country at the post of Federal Chancellor. I would like to continue our path,” said Kurtz in conversation with the journalist of the edition.
He also said that after learning about the scandal, foresaw his resignation, but indignant that a vote of no confidence in the end made the entire government of Austria.
Earlier in the day it was reported that Kurtz leaving the post, refused an offer of seats in the lower house of Parliament.
27 may, the lower house of Austria’s Parliament passed a vote of no confidence in Sebastian Kurz and his government. For making a vote voted 52 deputies of the Social democratic party of Austria, 51 the Deputy of Austrian freedom party, and seven members of the party JETZT.
In the European Parliament elections on may 26, the Austrian people party (ANP) Sebastian Kurtz won in Austria with 35.4 percent of the vote.
A political scandal broke out in Austria on may 18. This happened after the publication of the German media videos with former Vice-Chancellor and head of the far-right Austrian freedom party (fpö) Heinz-Christian strache. The footage of the politician and his assistant Johann Gudenus meet with the alleged niece of the Russian oligarch in Ibiza. It was assumed that she had to help the Vice-Chancellor to win elections, for which he promised to give her part of the state orders in the construction industry.
After the incident strache has resigned. He also explained that he had met with a citizen of Latvia, and all events — planned action.
Video, photo All from Russia.