India fed up with expensive su-30MKI


www.vsyako.netSu-30МКИФото: B Mathur / Reuters

Indian company Hindustan Aeronautics swerve the licensed production of Russian fighters fourth generation su-30MKI in March 2020, unless they receive new orders for such aircraft, according to Defense News sources.

Such a decision, the newspaper notes, will lead to the termination of approximately 400 local suppliers, producing about six thousand components with a total cost of $ 12.5 million for each su-30MKI.

The reason for the termination of production of the aircraft is called the high price of indium collected in the su-30MKI equal to 70,3 million dollars, while the purchase of one of the aircraft directly from Russia costs 42,15 million dollars.

The American edition, referring to one of the interlocutors, said that the company sent the Indian government a formal request to manufacture an additional batch of 72 units of su-30MKI fighters for a total of about $ 5 billion, but has still not received a response. Another source reported that the authorities can order the edition of only 18 such fighter jets that would replace its lost over the last 20 years during aircraft accidents.

In February, the su-30MKI during exercise Vayu Shakti 2019, held at the site Pokhran in Rajasthan (India) showed bombs, laser-guided Griffin Laser Guided Bomb (LGB).

Annually, Hindustan Aeronautics collects 12 units of su-30MKI. By March 2020, the company must issue 272-th such aircraft. About 51 percent of the components of su-30MKI assemblies Hindustan Aeronautics delivered by local companies, while the remaining 49 percent come from Russia.

Video, photo All from Russia.

Читайте также: Новости ДНР.


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here