The woman had contracted the deadly infection while unpacking boxes

64

www.vsyako.netPhoto: Heather Harbottle

A resident of the state of Hawaii picked up a deadly infection from a cut received while unpacking boxes during a move, and almost lost his arm. This publication reports The Mirror.

In December 2017 46-year-old Heather Harbottle (Harbottle Heather) moved into a new house and accidentally cut his finger on paper when I unpacked boxes with things. The next day she woke up with severe pain in the hand. Her finger got infected and began to swell, any movement brought excruciating pain.

Harbottle was hospitalized. It turned out that she had contracted a staph bacterial infection that developed into sepsis. Doctors diagnosed her with necrotizing fasciitis — a bacterial infection that causes tissue death.

Doctors gave Harbottle disappointing forecasts from the amputation of hands can be fatal. The patient had a biopsy and was prescribed many antibiotics. Every three days she had treated the wound and removed the diseased tissue.

The American had to install a skin graft, but the bacteria had spread to her forearm, and her condition worsened. The patient was taken by helicopter to another hospital where she had surgery on the forearm and ring finger, which was cut. In January 2018, she underwent the transplant procedure: a piece of skin from her groin was transplanted to the hand.

Shortly thereafter, the condition Harbottle has improved. It deals with occupational therapy to regain dexterity in his hands. Now she seeks to raise public awareness about necrotizing fasciitis.

Earlier it was reported that the inhabitant of the English city of Bristol Shirley hare almost died after a cat named Chan scratched her hand. Pet unwittingly brought into the wound from bacterial infection, a few days later the damaged hand began to turn black.

Video, photo All from Russia.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here