The Russian doctor told me about the fatalities from swallowed batteries

171

www.vsyako.netPhoto: Globallookpress.com

Prolonged exposure swallowed batteries in the esophagus may become depressurized, which in turn can lead to damage to the walls of the esophagus and cause internal bleeding, as happened to 12-year-old girl from Zhukovka, Bryansk region. This was stated by the Professor of Department of endoscopic research, National medical research centre (SMRC) child health, Ministry of health Maxim lokhmatov in an interview with “Moskovsky Komsomolets”.

“It was a very difficult situation. The battery inside of the child was a week. Only a week later she was admitted to physicians. (…) As a result of long stay of the battery in the esophagus had a decompression and severe deep burns of the mucous membrane. An alkaline environment is damaged the wall of the esophagus and aorta to stop the bleeding, the doctors could not”, — said the medic.

Lokhmatov said that the batteries are swallowed, not only the children of ignorance, but for adults as well as by negligence. In the case of getting the batteries into the body needs to remove it for forty minutes. Moreover, the doctor noted, the newer the battery, the heavier the consequences might be for swallowing her man.

“The risk of death increases with time. If it will be taken out in the first hour, in 95 percent of cases the consequences for the child. Every minute after the deadline increases the likelihood of various complications,” said the doctor.

Earlier, a similar tragedy occurred in the village Krivyanskaya in the Rostov region. A four year old boy died while trying to give his father a surprise to the defender of the Fatherland Day on February 23. He made in kindergarten, a postcard, brought it home and wanted to hang on the wall using a paper carnation. Standing on a chair, he put a stud in his mouth for convenience, made a dramatic sigh and swallowed a sharp object. About an hour doctors tried to resuscitate him, but to save the little patient failed. X-rays showed that the stud is stuck in the bronchi.

Video, photo All from Russia.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here