Photo: home “Operation Ob Gnani forces” on Facebook
Command of the Operation United forces (EP) of Ukraine reported about the violation of the self-proclaimed Donetsk and Luhansk people’s republics (DPR and LPR) of the indefinite truce in the Donbass in the first day of entry into force of the measures. It is reported by RIA Novosti.
According to the Ukrainian side, the night was shelled units of 36th separate brigade with small arms, rocket-propelled grenade launchers and heavy machine guns. Losses have not been recorded. Units of the Armed forces of Ukraine did not respond to attacks.
Supreme allied commander Vladimir Kravchenko said that the Ukrainian military is ready to rebuff the “occupation forces” to protect the state from “Russian military aggression”, reports the headquarters of OOS on the page in Facebook.
“Obviously, the decision of an international armed conflict is not purely military means — a combination of military and political-diplomatic tools. Ensure the implementation of the political agreements, the Armed Forces of Ukraine allowed the politicians to achieve progress in the peace process,” — said Kravchenko about the need to ensure respect for the full and comprehensive ceasefire under the condition of mirrored action by the DNI and the LC.
Previously, the observance of the cease-fire from midnight on July 27, said the Ukrainian authorities and DND and LNR. Additional measures to ensure a truce was worked out within the framework of the Trilateral contact group (TAG). Russia also reacted positively to the harmonization of measures.
The armed conflict in the Donbas continues for more than six years. In April 2014, the Ukrainian authorities began a military operation against DND and LNR, which declared independence from Kiev after a violent change of the Central government. Ukraine accuses Russia of occupation of part of the Donbass and the support of separatism. Moscow rejects claims of Kiev.
Video, photo All from Russia.