Photo: Public Domain / Wikimedia
The inhabitant of the French region of Brittany gasped after he was stung by a wasp during a family holiday on lake Annecy in the French Alps. This publication reports Newsweek.
52-year-old man vacationing at lake Annecy together with his wife, two sons and daughter-in-law. On Tuesday, August 4, the family gathered to go to the lake. During lunch, a wasp flew to the Frenchman in his mouth and stung him in the language. Immediately after the bite, the tongue is swollen, and the victim started to choke. In the end, he lost consciousness and his heart stopped.
Arrived on the scene, rescuers tried to save the man, but to revive him failed. Doctors pronounced him dead.
In most cases, the stings of bees, wasps and hornets are not dangerous to human life, although they can be very painful. According to experts, the average adult can withstand more than a thousand bites. The most dangerous are bites to the tongue or throat. In this case, there is a rapid swelling of the mucous membrane, and this can lead to asphyxia.
People who are allergic to insect bites, are also at risk. They may display symptoms such as difficulty in breathing, swollen face, throat or mouth, rapid pulse and drop in blood pressure. In this case, a person can die in less than ten minutes. However, deaths from bee stings and hornets are very rare.
Earlier it was reported that in Cambodia a five-year boy died in the attack of a whole swarm of wasps, his grandmother suffered serious injuries. A grandmother and grandson was attacked by about 30 ° C, and caused them a lot of bites to the face, neck and chest.
Video, photo All from Russia.